To earn the Bobcat badge the boy must complete these eight tracks of Akela:
- LEARN AND SAY THE CUB SCOUT PROMISE
"I ____(name)____ promise to do my best
To do my duty to God and my country,
To help other people, and
To obey the Law of the Pack."
... AND COMPLETE THE HONESTY CHARACTER CONNECTION.
- Know: Discuss these questions with your family. What is a promise? What does it mean to "keep your word?" What does honesty mean? What does it mean to "do your best?"
- Commit: Discuss these questions with your family. Why is a promise important? Why is it important for people to trust you when you give your word? When might it be difficult to keep your word? List examples.
- Practice: Discuss with family members why it is important to be trustworthy and honest and how can you do your best to be honest when you are doing the activities in Cub Scouting.
2. SAY THE LAW OF THE PACK. TELL WHAT IT MEANS.
"The Cub Scout follows Akela.
The Cub Scout helps the pack go.
The pack helps the Cub Scout Grow.
The Cub Scout gives goodwill. "
- TELL WHAT "WEBELOS" MEANS.
"WE'll BE LOyal Scouts"
- SHOW THE CUB SCOUT SIGN. TELL WHAT IT MEANS.
- SHOW THE CUB SCOUT HANDSHAKE. TELL WHAT IT MEANS.
- SAY THE CUB SCOUT MOTTO. A MOTTO IS A RULE.
The MOTTO is: "DO YOUR BEST. "
- GIVE THE CUB SCOUT SALUTE. TELL WHAT IT MEANS
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the booklet,
How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse.
[Tiger Cub: With your adult partner, complete "A Bobcat
Requirement" in front of the Contents pages of this handbook.]
[Webelos: With your parent or guardian, complete the
Bobcat Requirements section of "How to Protect Your Children
from Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide"). (The guide is a pull-out
section that came in the front of this book.)